Friday, June 19, 2009

Hamilton Moore

School: Auburn University

Major(s): Electrical Engineering
Bachelors of Science, 2011

Wireless Engineering
Bachelors of Science, 2011
Business and Engineering Technology Minor, 2011

About me: To tell you a little bit about me I am originally from Decatur, Alabama and am currently attending Auburn University pursuing a degree in Electrical Engineering. In my spare time I enjoy spending time outdoors including hiking, mountain biking, camping, hunting, and fishing. At Auburn I am also involved in a team that is designing and building a small cube satellite to be sent into low earth orbit. The team is called Aubie-SAT and when completed will be the first student built satellite to be sent into orbit by a university in Alabama.

Over two years of working on Aubie-SAT, a student built satellite, I have become increasingly interested in a NASA internship. NASA is on the forefront of technology, explores the depth of the unknown, reveals the secrets of the cosmos, and is benefiting mankind through its discoveries. Space is fascinating, there is truly so much that can be learned from the universe. Discoveries that can change the world and benefit all of mankind are found in space. It is for these reasons that I am interested in space and believe that it is worth understanding. In the future I hope to be able to work alongside a team doing worthwhile research while advancing the project with my research, skills, and abilities. I also would like to help lead a team while staying actively involved in R and D.

This summer I am interning with NASA at Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt Maryland. I am working on a four man team that is working to develop a laser communication system with ranging. This system when completed will be able to send data through space via laser as well as measure the distance of various objects. This is truly and exciting project; one in which carries major implications in the space technology sector.

No comments:

Post a Comment