Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ken Moses

School: Case Western Reserve University

Major(s): Mechanical Engineering

About me: Hello world! I thought I would share with everyone a little bit about myself and my engineering experiences on this blog. First off, this is the first blog I have EVER written so go easy on me. I grew up in the heart of MD and lived in the same house for 18 years. I was lucky enough to have a large family that nurtured all of my interests. Of course I was an avid lego-er, played with anything Radio Controlled, and developed an interest in any and all types of models (planes, trains, cars). A lot of my enthusiasm and hobbies came from my father and older brother. At the ripe age of 12 I rebuilt my first motorcycle engine, and from there continued to learn about automobiles. Throughout high school I was a member of JETS (Junior Engineering Technical Society), which was a total blast. We traveled for competitions and had to solve all sorts of engineering problems. In college I pursued my love of engineering and was extremely fortunate to be able to work in a Biologically Inspired Robotics laboratory where we built cockroach robots and micro air vehicles. Not too long ago, my father (who works at NASA on the Earth Observation Systems) informed me of a fantastic opportunity for the summer. And so, I find myself here at NASA in the Lunar and Planetary Science Academy about to embark on an exciting journey to Sudbury, Canada!

P.S. Below you’ll find a picture of me after caving with what we like to call a little “belly mud.”

No comments:

Post a Comment