Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Leva McIntire


School: Seattle Pacific University

Major: Physics

About Me: My interests include baking, camping, and teaching. I would like to pursue a doctorate in either Optics or Physics Education. Out of all of Physics, my favorite subject so far has been Optics. I am currently deciding whether or not I would like to teach at a secondary or collegiate level. This is why I applied to Lunar and Planetary science Academy this year. I feel that the work experience and resources provided will allow me to increase my understanding of science as well as aid me in my choice of doctorate and teaching level.
This is my first year with any of the NASA academies. I am currently on the team working on LOLA, the Lunar Orbiter Laser Altimeter on LRO. Specifically, I am working with the optics systems here at Goddard for LASER Ranging to LRO. In addition, I am writing a program to catalog the LASER Ranging data collected from earth stations.

No comments:

Post a Comment