Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Kynan Rilee

School: Princeton University

Major(s): Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering

About Me: I'm a rising sophomore, and I'm in the LRO/LOLA group in the LPSA. My job is to process altimetry and telemetry data from the LRO. I am currently working on a graphical editor for the altimetry data from LOLA (Lunar Orbiter Laser Altimeter) that automatically flags outliers in the data and provides tools for manual editing as well. I'm also working on a tool that extracts spacecraft orientation data from telemetry so it can estimate the forces exerted on the spacecraft by direct sunlight, sunlight reflected off the lunar surface, and thermal radiation from the moon. We have to know these forces in order to maintain a precise orbit, which the LRO needs for accurate measurements.

No comments:

Post a Comment